Thursday, May 19, 2011

$$$

It's a well-known fact that loudly proclaiming the gigantic amount of money you spend typically elicits as much sympathy as a chick bemoaning the hardships of being pretty (and Gwyneth Paltrow wonders why people hate her).

Of course, as per my usual introductory disclaimer of obnoxious behavior in this blog, I do exactly what I claim I dislike. I wouldn't say the circumstances to foray into the territory of publicly announced annoying behavior are particularly extraordinary, but using the extremely dull bell-curve of my life of normalcy as a reference, I feel the need to document.

The Excuse: Recent viewing of my CC bill and the direct correlation it has to the past three weeks being more...eventful than others. On a less reasonable level, I also have developed an insane addiction to online Flash Sales and went nutso-reveling in Oregon's lack of sales tax on a recent trip. Those tallies, I'll leave out.

5/01/2011: Unexpectedly bring a new puppy home- yay! He's adorable and extremely well behaved though, so no biggie. Or so I think. His name is Koda.
5/07/2011: Punk kid slashing my tire at the movies: $111.00
5/14/2011: After two weeks of general normalcy in regards to raising three dogs, Thorne and Hiro decide it is time to shake things up and now fight constantly. Middle of the night ER visit: $479.00 (No worries, Thorne's recovered nicely).
5/18/2011: Dog Behaviorist quote: $1290 - he was nice enough to knock off $100 since I'm delivering him two dogs instead of one to fix. Joy. Brain-scratching kicker of the situation: both dogs get along great with the new one.

AD clip chow as an emotional indicator every time the cost of something was mentioned (and the general shenanigans prefacing said cost):


Total: $1880.00 ... and the month's not over yet.

Though, in comparison to the $7000 lawn and $1000 adoption/daycare/giardia-curing bill we paid when we first got Hiro, I guess this isn't so bad.

Next week: First time visiting NYC. Misbehaving dogs are under supervision of Nick's parents and my fingers are crossed that everything isn't a total nightmare.

Repeat shot of the wolf pack (My quest to figure out a way to photograph Koda where he doesn't look like a scary black silhouette continues..):

1 comment:

Amy said...

haha, CUTE. man...i want a dog, but pets are so expensive! i'm expensive enough by myself without a dog. and yes... online shopping is a dangerous, dangerous activity.